My city where I was born...

Tuesday, 7th of February 2023 


My city where I was born...


🌻🌿💙💖🙏   My favourite city in my life is Kandy. Many things in my life are connected with this beautiful city. A very sacred and historical city, Kandy is a world heritage city and it also a past ancient kingdom.

🌻🌿💙💖🙏   The most sacred Temple of the tooth relic called Dalada Maligawa is located in Kandy. The tooth relic of the living Lord Buddha, is living there. Temple of the tooth relic is also very close to me.

🌻🌿💙💖🙏   Because I am an dancer who dances in Dalada Perahera occasion. So it is like my home.



🌻🌿💙💖🙏   My Kandy has been shaped by a very mild environment and fascinating surroundings. The city belongs to the Central province. Kandy is the one of the highrst city in Sri Lanka due to its location in the Central mountains. Peradeniya bOtanical Garden is mosr popular place of Kandy about showing that Kandiyan beauty.

🌻🌿💙💖🙏   Kandy is famous for traditional crafts and Kandiyan dances. There are also many very ancient temples. Gadaladeniya, Lankathilaka, Degaldoruwa, Galmaduwa, Rngiri Dambulu, Asgiri and Malwathu temples, Ambakke, Aluthnuwara,  are more popular among them.   



🌻🌿💙💖🙏   Another famouse place is the Queen's Hotel. tourists are accomodated with superior facilities as well as ancient Dutch architectural features.

🌻🌿💙💖🙏   If you go to the center of Kandy city, you can see a big Buddha statue that can be seen from like the sky. That is Bhahirawa Kanda Temple. Kandy lake side brings the most beauty to Kandy city. The flowers from the trees around the lake are build up like heaven if they fall into the lake.

🌻🌿💙💖🙏   Tourists also have many places to visit. There are many religious and socially important things in Kandy. Tourists like to go on a boat ride in Bogambara Lake in Kandy.




🌻🌿💙💖🙏   I have really done a lot of merit to be born in Kandy. I wish all my births were in Kandy. Under a Moral rule.

Kandy is the place where Gods stopped all around.....


Thank you…!   💛💛💛

Poem by - Chathuranga Lakshan Perera

               ( Undergraduate at University of the Visual and Performing Arts - Faculty of Music)



Comments

  1. What a Beautiful City 😍🤍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

නවග්‍රහ මණ්ඩලය හා හින්දු සංස්කෘතිය

Radha Krishna, the re-enactment

8 Secrets of Sigiriya that are still unsolved